Monday 23 March 2009

Type Workshop Session 3 & 4

My Typefaces are coming along nicely. I have completed one in FontLab and with a few minor adjustments it will be ready to use. This font is a block font with an urban feel to it. It would be used for headers and titles that would be printed big. Using bright colours and a little drop shadow this works as a vibrant font that stands out. I named it Barry.

My second typeface is based on brush strokes and taking letter forms from Chinese writing. I wanted to achieve a natural feel to this font. I have finished the designs on paper and now I have to put them into Illustrator or FontLab. I am going to make this font available in Regular, Bold and Italic.

My final typeface is still in the early stages. It was inspired by block text I saw whilst in Berlin. When I got back I started sketching out ideas for a font that is very top heavy. I have a almost half the alphabet, but some letters are posing a real problem. It is hard to make them fit with other letters around them. I might make this a 3d font.

No comments: