Sunday 19 October 2008

Journey Recorded

For the way-finding brief I decided to document a small section of a journey to somewhere new. This was so I could use the small things I remember and create an accurate vision into my design.

Many of the things in this piece may seem irrelevant but no two people would remember the same things about any journey they took, this is because there is just too much to see. These are the things I remember, the things I notice, but if I did the same journey again it would all be different.

Everything in this piece has a real meaning and place.

It may look random but I can assure you it is well thought out.





  • The black spots are the small parts when I didn't really remember anything.
  • The text that is darkest are my thoughts at the time.
  • The things I remember less are fainter or blurred.
  • The % is equal to how much I remember of them, which is what the opacity is set at for each image.
  • The background is the bus journey which is very faint, this was unmemorable.
  • I wanted to keep the design messy because nobodys memory is totally clear.
  • The shoes in the top left were kept black & white because I couldn't remember the exact color.
  • The white circles in the piece represent the times when you do remember slightly but your not sure about. Small details in things.

No comments: