Friday 24 October 2008

Vernacular Typography

For the vernacular type brief I have decided to produce a set of books each documenting a different type/style of lettering around London. I have edited the photos and have around 20-25 for each set.

Each book will have an illustrated cover relating to the subject, which I have rough sketches of but haven't finished the designs. I am looking at different colors and weights of paper to print the main pages on and looking into different materials to use for the front and back covers.

I have also looked into different ways of binding the book. I thought about spiral binding so the books are easy to flick through but I have now decided to use one pin so they can fan out to view all the images together.

The color scheme for each book will represent the style of the images and the different typefaces used and each will be assigned a theme to follow.

No comments: